I’ve been doing some interviewing lately and I thought I’d share some of the questions I ask potential bookkeepers. For more information on how I like to see them answered, subscribe to CrackerJack Business Insights. A full article will be in the October 21st issue.
- Do you think accrual or cash basis reporting is better for business management?
- What is the accounting equation (or balance sheet equation)?
- The bank account is off $0.72. How long will you spend looking for the problem and what steps will you take to find it?
- In cash basis accounting, how would you record a $600 annual insurance premium?
- How would you record a $600 annual insurance premium using accrual accounting.
- How many gas stations do you think there are in the U.S.?
- Rank the following in order of importance for business success: Sales, Teamwork, Quality, Service, Profitability, Integrity
- Tell me about a time when you didn’t agree with something your boss asked you to do.
You can sign up for CrackerJack Business Insights here: